About Coastal CharismaIn October 2013, 9 ladies with a common interest in four part a cappella singing decided to form a group. With 13 members by December, we arranged a coaching session with Jonathan Albertini. His agreement to be our Musical Director by the end of the evening was accepted with great jubilation.
Rehearsals began as a 30 member choir on 21st January 2014. Soon the name of “Coastal Charisma” was chosen and the group began working towards becoming a chartered Sweet Adelines Chorus. Under Jonathan's direction, the chorus (in record time) fulfilled all the requirements both musically and administratively to become "Coastal Charisma Chorus" on 27th August, 2014. We are proud to now be one of over 500 Sweet Adeline choruses throughout the world.
Membership is nearing 40 and open to female singers of all ages. If you would like to learn to sing or improve your singing, while having fun and making friends, then Coastal Charisma could be the group for you. We will give you the opportunity to perform and compete and receive education from both national and international coaches.
Join us any Tuesday night, a wonderful night of singing awaits you.
Coastal Charisma is an organization of female singers of all ages committed to:
- The joy of singing 4 part a cappella - barbershop style
- The pursuit of musical excellence through ongoing education in a supportive environment
- The passion for personal growth and excellence
- The enjoyment of presenting dynamic performances to the community and participating in vocal competitions
- The encouragement of youth involvement and membership